Digital Marketing Quality Assurance Engineer Lead
We are looking for a candidate with strong detail-oriented quality assurance skills, working with web, mobile, and connected device solutions, to assist with confirming the integrity of eMarketing and adTech implementations across our digital products. In addition, this candidate has technical skills to assist in the implementation of a MarTech stack across these digital properties, as well as aid in the development of software tools to assist in the modernization and automation of existing MarTech processes. This opportunity will allow the individual to work with Marketing, Customer Data Strategy, and Media Operations & Technology departments to identify and implement eMarketing and AdTech solutions.
The individual will also be working with internal team members and vendor(s) to insure synthetic and load testing scripts are set up, configured, and provide reporting output properly.
- Capture test requirements, execute test plans, and perform manual testing on a variety of new and existing digital properties on web, mobile, Connected TV platforms to ensure that analytics implementations are correct and will yield complete and accurate data.
- Perform regression testing and audit/data integrity checks on a regular basis to have better control over the tag implementations across all types of digital products
- Assist with designated aspects of our Adobe Analytics implementation, inclusive of implementation documentation, Adobe Dynamic Tag Manager (DTM) / Launch deployment, and tool configuration.
- Maintain integrations of marketing and other tracking pixels within Adobe DTM/Launch as directed.
- Manage and contribute to the development of performance monitoring solutions.
- Further develop Measurement Operations QA Program to scale our QA effort as we continue to expand our platform count.
- Conduct QA cycles and data audits to identify tracking gaps/inconsistencies.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects; verify defect fixes.
- Participate with product and engineering in sprint planning and bug triage efforts.
- Develop and maintain a robust library of test cases for both new and existing features of NBA digital properties
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve the QA Process
- Prioritize tickets and call out blockers.
- Perform QA and sign-off on new or updated implementations.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Working knowledge of developing QA test plans and strategies for data/analytics.
- Attention to detail paired with a passion for achieving the utmost data integrity for our tracking.
- Ability to keep maintain accurate notes and documentations.
- Bug writing and ticket creation skills that result in complete and accurate information for developers.
- Working knowledge of how to monitor network traffic using proxying tools (Charles, Wireshark, Fiddler)
- Experience with QA in web, mobile, and connected devices applications.
- Agile/Scrum experience and familiarity with JIRA and Confluence.
- Testing experience with mobile applications and other platforms (web, connected evices) using debugging tools (e.g ADB)
- Knowledge of release and regression testing methodologies.
- Ability to define standard methodologies for testing tools.
- Experience working with tag management systems, such as Adobe DTM/Launch, Google Tag Manager, Tealium, or Enlighten (Adobe DTM/Launch preferred)
- Strong business acumen and enthusiasm for digital data implementation
- Knowledge of data dimensioning and metrics and proper use of tracking variables
- Good understanding of HTML, CSS, and other software languages.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Proficiency in all MS Office products
Educational Background Required:
- Bachelor's degree in technical or quantitative oriented field