Franklin, WISCONSIN |
Post Date: 02/26/21
Job ID: 21-00194
- Work within a team to plan, deploy, and maintain critical business applications prod/non-prod AWS environments.
- Design and implement appropriate environments for those applications, engineer suitable release management procedures and provide production support.
- Influence other teams and broader Engineering groups in adopting Cloud technologies, processes, and best practices.
- Work with DevOps leaders in other groups to define and align on standard operating procedures and best practices.
- Automate the provisioning of environments using Ansible, Packer and Terraform.
- Create application deployment pipelines with GitLab CI, Jenkins, and Helm.
- Design and implement strategy to ensure all platform data is highly available and replicated
- Troubleshoot problems, involving the appropriate resources and driving resolution of issues with a focus on minimizing impact to our customers.
- Participate in the Agile DevOps design, development, testing, and release of new capabilities and features with focus on release and post-production support.
- Drive improvements to processes and design enhancements to automation to continuously improve the production environment.
- Work with Risk Management and Compliance teams to ensure target services are hardened and secure.
- Identify reoccurring issues and work with Technology and Business partners to remediate using leading industry processes.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 3 years of experience with AWS.
- 2 years of experience in automated delivery and developing automation workflows and routines.
- 2 years of experience in infrastructure design, implementation and delivery.
- At least 1 year of experience in containerizing applications with Docker and deploying them to Kubernetes.
- Deep knowledge of ELK, Dynatrace, New Relic, and other monitoring solutions.
- Background in CI/CD and automation.
- Site reliability engineering (SRE) background.
- Experience with Kubernetes cluster administration and StatefulSets.
- Experience with Open Source tools such as Ansible, GitLab CI, Helm, Jenkins, and Terraform.
- A year or more of experience working with Agile Development Practices.
- 2+ years of programming experience with automation or development in Python, Ruby, or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience Production Support experience in Linux environments.
- 3+ years of experience in technology delivery in a DevOps / Cloud Engineering environment.
- Strong grasp of automation and monitoring tools (ability to automate repeatable tasks via scripting).
- Ability to define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems.
- Bachelor's degree
- AWS Architect certification desired