Application Development Engineer
Whippany, NEW JERSEY |
Post Date: 02/16/21
Job ID: 21-00151
- Be innovative on new and existing solutions that drive innovation across the organization.
- Work directly with (internal/external) customers to understand their issues and needs, define changes to production systems, partner with other developers and designers including development teams outside the company, iterate through design and implementation, demo to stakeholders, gather feedback, launch, and incorporate lessons learned to improve the software development process going forward.
- Write software, including implementing, maintaining, and improving products developed by the company, in addition to internal tools, unit testing own and others' code, peer review of others' code.
- Build server-less applications that run in the cloud, that are robust and scalable to meet the demands of our business.
- Participate in software design and design review, including being familiar with and contributing to Software Design Documentation (SDD).
- Participate in continual improvement of the tools and processes involved in the software development process.
- Work with Quality Assurance (QA), production support, other IT departments and Customer Support teams, including bug tracking/issue management.
- Perform end-user and technical support to a wide range of executives, management, and staff members.
- Engage with clients to understand scope and how critical new change requests are.
Skills and Experience Required:
- At least 2 years' experience working with cloud technologies such as AWS, GCP or Azure, and working with services similar to Api Gateway, Lambda, Dynamo, S3
- Experience in the following skill sets: Node.js/Python, OOP languages, bash, scripting languages, automation, IDEs, etc.
- Database/Data experience: DynamoDb, Relational Databases, and other Non-Relational Databases
- Software engineering: with Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Design Patterns, etc.
- Experience with: Scrum, Agile, Kanban, JIRA
- BS degree in computer science