Raleigh, NORTH CAROLINA | Contract
Post Date: 02/16/21
Job ID: 21-00141
Job Type: Contract
Job Title : Product Manager
Location : Raleigh NC
Duration : 12+ Months (More Likely to Extend)
Interview : Either Webcam Interview or In-Person
***The candidate will be allowed to work remotely until all staff return to the site. At that point, the candidate will be required to come onsite***
The IT Product Manager will serve as a member of the Medicaid Enterprise System (MES) Program providing IT product management within the MES portfolio. This position will champion our key strategies with the goal of creating the opportunity for healthier outcomes for our citizens through clinical and technological innovation.
This position is responsible for providing independent product oversight for Medicaid products. This oversight may include the development and monitoring of the Medicaid Managed Care product strategies while collaborating with other divisions and external stakeholders to develop and implement targeted strategies to streamline processes. This position will create user stories, technology roadmaps, and customer research in relation to Medicaid initiatives and strategic goals. The IT Product Manager represents business functions within Medicaid and partners with IT to ensure delivery of relevant and impactful software and solutions.
" Leads and directs cross-functional activities that provide effective oversight of Medicaid Programs.
" Manages direct and hybrid reporting relationships and staff sets priorities, establishes accountabilities, and defines roles/responsibilities to secure necessary resources not under direct supervision while maintaining peak levels of performance and compliance.
" Collaborates and develops workgroups around product deliverables with Product Owners, Business Leads, Technical Leads, and Management.
" In-depth knowledge and understanding of products across functions and business segments .
" Directing the conception, development, and implementation of new product initiatives, including current product enhancements.
" Provides feedback and input to senior-level decision-makers to develop long-range strategic alternatives for product solutions.
" Communicate project goals and timelines, next steps, and results to team members, project managers, and the executive team.
" Through a variety of communication/meeting methods determines the customer's needs, leads product discovery, and translates these into detailed and actionable requirements for the MES PMU.
" Able to assess emerging products and partners to measure and address their potential value or risk to the as well as make recommendations on which new technologies to invest in or leverage.
" Provide in-person, conference calls, or virtual training on product knowledge, usage, and implementation.
" Use database queries to analyze performance indicators, evaluate survey data, define success criteria for testing and product acceptance.
" Fluently discuss the financial and/or operational benefits associated with proposed product capabilities.
" Ensures compliance with all applicable policies and procedures.
" Manages the product lifecycle from conception through implementation.
" Performs other duties as assigned.
In addition, the IT Product Manager (ITPDM) is responsible for the successful development of IT systems in support of the Medicaid program. The ITPDM will expressly engage with the business owners to develop the strategy behind how each MES module will support the business requirements definition and will own the translation and specification of all functional requirements.
The ITPDM will work integrally with MES IT Program Managers and the MES Systems Integrator to manage the launch of features and systems. The ITPDM will evaluate and analyze work done by Medicaid SMEs, Business and Technical Leads, Data Leads, Engineers, and Architects to ensure the business requested capability, implemented design, and delivered functionality is successful and useful to the stakeholders. Medicaid and or Managed Care experience is highly desired and will be preferred.Desired Skills:
- Knowledge of Enterprise IT Systems, system integration principles, and associated change management best practices.
- Has an understanding of CMS' Seven Standards and Conditions and the Medicaid program
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, function in a fast-paced moving constantly changing, deadline-driven environment
- Proficient use of Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Adobe software
- Skills in persuasion, negotiation, relationship management, conflict resolution, and effective oral and written communication at all levels
- Proven track record of launching successful user-focused products preferably in the enterprise, analytics, or healthcare space.
- Previous experience creating business use cases, requirements, and process maps/data flows.
- Experience working in a combination of business analysis, product management, project management, and/or software application development.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail with specific experience developing, editing, and presenting summaries, reports, and complex in
- Proven experience and working knowledge of agile development methodologies, environment, and tools.
- Experience using or implementing Cloud technologies IaaS, PaaS, SaaS.
- Experience handling HIPAA and PII data.
- 7+ years of experience in product management
- Managed Care knowledge or experience
- MITA knowledge or experience
- Medicaid Program knowledge or related HealthCare Information