Sr. Project Manager
Alpharetta, GEORGIA |
Post Date: 02/04/21
Job ID: 21-00114
- Provide Project Oversight and Management for multiple projects as assigned.
- Coordinate strategic planning sessions with all teams and management to determine the scope and objectives of each project
- Develop robust project plan to migrate existing clients from current product to future state product. Gather data to support business plan and identify all dependencies.
- Set Parameters to determine types of clients to be included in Client Migration groups.
- Establish Parameters for items and strategy around client Mock tests
- Conduct working sessions to gather and document requirements and design for the applications and environments
- Be able to act as a Business Analyst to complete required analysis to be able to successfully plan and manage the required deliverables in planning for the data center move
- Manage status meetings with teams to ensure on-time delivery and mitigation.
- Identify, track and prioritize issue, risks and action plans and modify the plan as necessary based on changing priorities.
- Engage with Stakeholders to resolve complex business problems affecting Project successes.
- Oversight of managing the tasks clients will need to perform so it is understood by teams working with clients. (i.e.: IP Changes, Third Party impacts)
- Act as an intermediary between FTS (DC Infrastructure team), application operational owners and Client Services
- Work with Implementation, Support, Product Management and Development internally to ensure client priority and issues are addressed in a timely fashion (and balanced with the needs of other clients).
- Dynamically adjust plans as necessary to ensure successful loads of client data and software builds to address identified issues.
- Participate during Conversion weekend activities and share leadership role and Project Plan execution with Implementation Project Manager and FTS.
- Work closely with Support Management to prepare for and facilitate the hand off to regular Support.
- Communicate progress, expectations or escalate problems to Client management for awareness and/or resolution.
- Maintain involvement in determining training gaps and business needs throughout the transition support period to determine the best use of the transition team resources.
- Provide Leadership, Accountability and Ownership for all aspects of the Project Lifecycle.
- Operate at all levels of an organization (and outside the organization when applicable) to achieve Project goals.
- Ensure all partners including FTS and Client Services are held accountable for providing the agreed upon level of support needed to execute on time and deliver the committed scope
- Create project level communication plans
- Work with operations and client teams to create robust application level test plans
- Work with technical and operational resources to create detailed playbooks and roll-back plans for critical changes and migration events
- Maintain version-controlled project documentation
Skills and Experience Required:
- 7+ plus years of previous project management and IT skills working on data center and product migrations, strategic initiatives for product and infrastructure transformation.
- Strong experience and proven track record of end to end delivery of leading large/complex projects with consideration of strategic goals and plans while keeping customer focus.
- Strong technical acumen, knowledgeable in the areas of Data Center and cloud infrastructures as well as platform operations and/or Dev/Ops
- Ability to work effectively in both Agile (has worked in an Agile role or in an Agile organization) and Waterfall methodologies incorporating a hybrid approach when needed
- Ability to drive team to accomplish tasks and goals effectively while removing roadblocks
- Ability to come up to speed quickly and operate in a complex, kinetic environment
- Experience with the latest technology stacks and services, including cloud architecture, containerization and automated deployment tools
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Expert level MS Project user
- Experience with Jira and Confluence or comparable applications
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills to all levels of company including executive management team
- Strong interpersonal (soft) skills - ability to build relationships and influence other functional areas
- Ability to operate independently with some guidance by management
- Ability to plan and conduct assignments with minimal supervisions and review
- Well-developed negotiation skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Will require some weekend and off hour shifts to support migration activities
- Project Management professional (PMP) Certification
- Banking experience
- Bachelor's degree required