Sr. Program Manager
Alpharetta, GEORGIA |
Post Date: 02/04/21
Job ID: 21-00113
- Ensure predictable, consistent, and successful program(s) delivery of the data center site closures as defined in the Scope
- Develop and Manage the complete view of the overall site closure programs to the organization and all stakeholders, at all levels, including executive management at the highest level
- Exhibit proactive behavior by engaging in program planning activities, including but not limited to: Defining the overall scope of the program; Creating and maintaining a consolidated timeline highlighting the major milestones and associated dates for program activities; Identifying and communicating project dependencies and impacts; Putting mechanisms in place to ensure on-going control of the program (E.g., Program Approach, Risk Management, Issues Management, Change Control, etc.), ensuring proper turnover to Operations for all components
- Execute site closure programs in alignment with governance as defined by Initiative Leadership
- Ensure success criteria defined upfront to promote alignment and actively manage to expected program outcomes
- Keep all stakeholders (internal & external) engaged in the program, aligned on expected outcomes and informed about what is occurring throughout program
- Proactively communicate the program's progress on an on-going basis, ensuring transparency throughout program lifecycle. Provide leadership and key stakeholders with the information and venues to make effective, timely decisions
- Assess challenges and commit to actions after identifying alternative methods that are based on logical assumptions and information. Escalate effectively and lead problem-solving when team is facing obstacles.
- Practically apply the concepts and principles behind client program management and project management frameworks, methodologies and processes. Leverage methods and practices to enable achievement of program outcomes, and hold individual project managers assigned to the program to these expectations.
- Provide leadership and (matrix) management of small staff of project managers, program managers, and other roles as required for the initiative.
- Develop, maintain, and manage all program finances including Site business case, work with Technical Delivery leaders on spend commitment requests and approvals, actual spend, remaining budget, and all aspects of the financial plan.
- Develop, manage, maintain the program and project level client communications management plan, review and oversee the client changes required and the progress toward those changes, and ensure the complete, end-to-end testing and client signoff for test success prior to all go-live, cutover, migration, and other live Production activities.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 10 years of previous program leadership and/or relevant consulting experience
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in program management framework, knowledge groups &life cycle
- 5+ years' experience in driving large scale data center consolidation efforts
- Minimum 5 years' experience with matrix management of cross-functional processes and teams
- Proficient with Project Management tools
- Excellent executive-level communication skills (verbal, written)
- Possesses the following key skills/ behaviors:
- Stakeholder Partnership:
- Strong influencing and stakeholder management skills, ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships and strategic partnerships with key stakeholders/customers across client to maximize program effectiveness and influence
- Poised and composed interaction with all levels of the organization (cross Division), including senior-level audience
- Ability to practically apply project and program management concepts to facilitate the achievement of business objectives ensuring predictable, consistent, and successful program delivery
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations and with various individuals
- Team Leadership
- Ability to build a high performance matrixed team by putting the appropriate infrastructure in place to develop team that consistently delivers
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders, mobilize and motivate teams, set direction and approach, resolve conflict, deliver tough messages with grace, execute with limited information and ambiguity.
- Accountability & Commitment:
- Ability to formulate and gain alignment on end vision and roadmap for program
- Ability to achieve business outcomes and stakeholder satisfaction
- Learning Agility
- Ability to identify opportunities and gain organizational support for strategic initiatives critical to driving the program, as well as, quick hits
- Ability to adapt and work effectively within a variety of situations and with various individuals
- Business Acumen
- Ability to provide a holistic view by coordinating with and monitoring all impacted business processes from initiation to delivery
- Ability to understand and take action when changes in program impact other business priorities
- Problem Solving:
- Ability to uncover and take effective actions on hidden problems and risks
- Communicates complex problems and plans to address them to all impacted stakeholders
- Process adherence:
- Ability to proactively lead, engage in (and document)program initiating activities such as identify stakeholders identifying program management approach, defining roles and responsibilities, etc.
- Ability to implement a program communication strategy to drive awareness of the program and organizational value. Provide a compelling reason to increase understanding and agreement; highlight successes to generate buy-in.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience in banking, financial services, and/or software industries desired
- Bachelor degree in business or equivalent work experience