Dimondale, MICHIGAN | Contract
Post Date: 02/03/21
Job ID: 21-00112
Job Type: Contract
Job Title : Automation Engineer
Location : Dimondale, MI
Duration : 5+ Months (More Likely to Extend)
Interview : Either Webcam Interview or In-Person
***The candidate will be allowed to work remotely until all staff return to the site. At that point, the candidate will be required to come onsite***
The Test Automation Engineer is responsible for the creation, maintenance and execution of automated test artifacts. The Test Automation Engineer will utilize a variety of tools and scripting languages to create high quality, reusable automated test scripts that can be utilized in multiple environments. This person should possess a strong foundational understanding of testing principles, processes, and methods as defined in the methodology framework. The engineer is also responsible for ensuring that the testing standards, guidelines, and testing methodology are applied as specified in testing approach and that all testing results are easily accessible and understandable.
Daily duties include:
" Use automation test tools to develop and maintain automated test artifacts.
" Contribute to the sections of the automated test plan.
" Complete sections of the maintenance plan for automated test scripts as assigned.
" Plan, develop and execute automated functional and performance test scripts.
" Capture, analyze and report test results to managers and project executives.
" Log and track defects.
" Maintain automation script repository.
" Obtain application authentication and authorization for automated testing in all environments.
" Conduct automated role-based testing.
" Contribute to work estimates as necessary.
" Execute testing data management plan activities.
" Consistently provide high-quality analysis of assigned issues.
" Expand functional/data model knowledge of the application.
" Seek and share ways to improve test processes via the use of automation.
" Assist in evaluating and maintaining automation tools, as necessary.
- Development using Object Oriented Programming Languages such as VB or Java. Must provide detail of the candidate's experience on project work.
- Automated Test Strategy Development for large organizations encompassing complex application frameworks
- Experience Using an Automation Tool like Worksoft or QTP or UFT. Selenium does not meet this requirement
- Application Testing experience
- Experience using defect tracking tools
- Experience with creating and maintaining MySQL databases
- Knowledge of SAP
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and tight timelines and diagnose and resolve complex problems quickly in a team environment
- Ability to document and adhere to design process
- Effective communication skills to coordinate with the team and lead about status and issues
- Working with testing phases of the SDLC
- Ability to follow directions precisely from documentation or verbal instructions.