Sr. SQL DBA
Post Date: 01/19/21
Job ID: 21-00064
- Lead efforts to guide team to best practices for database usage, high availability and business continuity.
- Create and support databases across internal and end-user applications.
- Analyze existing database applications to migrate indoor improve the functioning on the platform.
- Maintain databases, including all production, backup and development files.
- Administer database security across all database environments.
- Provide guidance to other database administrators to expand the role and capabilities of the database environment.
- Prepare periodic reports regarding unit's activities and goal attainment.
- Maintain a state-of-the-art knowledge of existing best practices in database administration.
- Coordinate larger-sized projects through assignment of tasks and managing the workload of staff.
- Support application deployment and provisioning of database systems during business and non-operating hours
Skills and Experience Required:
- Minimum 7 years of database related experience.
- Prior experience with SQL Server and open source RDMS (PostgreSQL and MySQL)
- Experience with installing/configuring databases in a virtual environment
- Experience with installing/configuring databases utilizing Cloud technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to work effectively across multiple business lines, external technology partners and fellow team members.
- Financial services industry experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience.