Location : Harrisburg PA
Duration : 6+ Months (More Likely to Extend)
- Direct, administer, manage and facilitate a business process re-engineering or development of a high priority, high profile, commonwealth enterprise – wide information technology project of strategic importance.
- On behalf of the Department of State, provide project oversight and help plan, organize, prioritize, and manage multiple work efforts across the project team.
- Assist in conducting reviews with project steering committee and report status and recommendations to senior leadership as needed.
- Mentor less experienced project management staff to build overall understanding of project management when needed.
- Develop and facilitate achievement of project service commitments.
- Plan project-specific training and orientation needs.
- Accountable for delivery of all work tasks identified in the project management plan.
- Monitor and track the project budget and advise necessary stakeholders.
- Responsible for the capture and reporting of required project management metrics.
- Accountable for the final project management evaluation review with stakeholders Project Management Plan
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a project management plan
- Review and refine project plan, to identify needs and define major tasks and milestones, based on scope, resources, budget, and personnel.
- Make decisions within the designated authority as defined in the project plan to minimize project risk supported by sound analysis and project management best practices.
- Accountable for management of the project's scope and gaining agreement and approval of scope changes with project steering committee and affected stakeholders. Project Schedule
- Develop work planning and scheduling work.
- Manage, and track the project progress against the project schedule.
- Coordinate project schedules across multiple project teams.
- Balance workload with project members' capacity.
- Monitor project milestones and phases and take corrective action as needed to ensure the project is on schedule.
- Notify team leads of project timelines, milestones, phases, work requests target dates, and approved executable work packages.
- Accountable to schedule or monitor status reviews, project management inspections, and software quality assurance work product and process reviews with the appropriate stakeholders.
- Accountable for peer reviews with the appropriate project team resources.
- Responsible for the development of estimates for the enhancement, business process re-engineering or development effort in planning, analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation.
- Works with team leads to adjust and revise project estimates when necessary.
- Ensure new project estimates are approved by the client and agreed upon.
- Change Requests
- Ensure all changes to scope follow processes outlined in the Change Management Plan and are documented.
- Receive and log all change requests from project stakeholders assisting them with the completion of the form as necessary
- Conduct preliminary risk, cost, schedule, scope analysis of change prior to CCB
- Seek clarification from change requestors on any open issues or concerns
- Make documentation revisions/edits as necessary for all approved changes
- Ensure any approved change is communicated to the project team and stakeholders Risk Management
- Identify and manage project risk, and develop risk mitigation strategies, and track to closure. Project Standards
- Coordinate the establishment of project standards and project specific procedures with team leads.
- Responsible for project compliance with project's standards and procedures.
- Ensure that tasks provide value and support the strategic direction of the project and meet service commitments.
- Responsible to tailor and baseline all project templates. Project Communication
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all project-related issues and resolution of issues.
- Communicate effectively with customers and software / hardware suppliers supporting the commonwealth as appropriate.
- Communicate and work with users and client as necessary.
- Anticipate issues and proactively address them. Identify and track issues.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and customer representatives.
- Communicate to team members how their work assignments relate to and help achieve project objectives.
- Prepare status reports on a periodic basis for the project team, team leads, group leads, Sponsor, and appropriate stakeholders.
- Analyze and distribute reports on project metrics associated with work items related to improvement measures.
- Experience with formal project management methodology
- 4 year college degree or equivalent technical study Highly desired Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, MS Project, Teams, SharePoint)
- Managing complex mission critical projects
- Experience leading public sector projects Desired Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience coordinating a project with multiple business partners, vendors and stakeholders
- Experience with election-related projects would be helpful
· Experience with formal project management methodology
· 4 year college degree or equivalent technical study
· Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, MS Project, Teams, SharePoint)
· Managing complex mission critical projects
· Experience leading public sector projects
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience coordinating a project with multiple business partners, vendors and stakeholders
· Experience with election-related projects would be helpful