Sr. SQL DBA
Alpharetta, GEORGIA |
Post Date: 01/06/21
Job ID: 21-00017
- Lead efforts to guide team to best practices for database usage, high availability and business continuity.
- Create and support databases across internal and end-user applications.
- Analyze existing database applications to migrate indoor improve the functioning on the platform.
- Maintain databases, including all production, backup and development files.
- Administer database security across all database environments.
- Provide guidance to other database administrators to expand the role and capabilities of the database environment.
- Prepare periodic reports regarding unit's activities and goal attainment.
- Maintain a state-of-the-art knowledge of existing best practices in database administration.
- Mentor/train lower level database administrators.
- Coordinate larger-sized projects through assignment of tasks and managing the workload of staff.
- Support application deployment and provisioning of database systems during business and non-operating hours
Skills and Experience Required:
- Minimum 7 years of database related experience.
- Prior experience with the following is preferred: SQL Clustering, Strong Transact-SQL & MS Data Transformation Services (DTS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Replication, Performance Tuning, Backup and recovery methods, Log shipping, Database Mirroring, Availability Groups, Database capacity planning, and Users and Role creation and monitoring.
- Experience with installing/configuring SQL in a virtual environment
- Experience with installing/configuring SQL utilizing Cloud technologies
- Experience in third party tools like: Quest Software SQL LiteSpeed, Quest Software Spotlight, Quest Foglight and Quest Foglight Performance Analysis.
- Experience in SQL 2008R2/2012/2014/2016 database management and related products from Microsoft including: PowerShell, Windows 2008R2/2012R2/2016 Server and desktop operating systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to work effectively across multiple business lines, external technology partners and fellow team members.
- Proven ability to manage projects.
- Excellent analytical and design skills at multiple product level.
- Excellent research, analysis, project planning and implementation skills.
- Aware of business issues as they impact overall project plans.
- SCOM 2012 is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.