Harrisburg, PENNSYLVANIA | Contract
Post Date: 01/05/21
Job ID: 21-00012
Job Type: Contract
Job Title : VMWare Administrator
Location : Harrisburg PA
Duration : 6+ Months (More Likely to Extend)
Interview : Either Webcam Interview or In-Person
The Technical Specialist is a senior level resource with specialized knowledge and experience in VMware Horizon, VMWare Workspace ONE, VMWare ESX, and the Windows server operating systems. He/she will work closely with our lead VMware support engineer to maintain, upgrade, and introduce new functionality to the existing VMware Horizon environment.
This person will also assist in supporting over 500 Windows servers (100% virtual). Other servers/storage infrastructure projects will be assigned as needed. This resource will be required to work independently and as part of the VMware support team. Project Description: This resource will be providing project and routine support for the PTC server infrastructure.
Primary responsibilities will include
• Function as a VMware SME for VMWare Horizon and WorkspaceONE.
• Provide primary support for the configuration, deployment, and maintenance of VMWare Workspace ONE, Horizon desktops and Microsoft RDS applications
• Provide assistance to the VMWare team for the configuration, deployment, and maintenance of VMWare ESXi servers, virtual Windows Servers.
• Provide 2nd / 3rd level support for help desk tickets related to server technology
• Provide operating system support for our existing Windows / VMWare servers
• Provide support of server hardware including firmware upgrades, diagnosis of hardware problems, and server installation
• Recommend best practices and improvements to our existing environment
• Develop standards and documentation of current and new processes
• Must be available onsite during normal business hours.
• Evening and weekend work may be required to perform system maintenance or upgrades
• Participate in the off hours on-call rotation schedule (5-7 weeks per year)
• Travel is not required
• Demonstrates expertise in conveying technical and functional concepts for a specific technical specialty.
• Identifies improvements to project standards to achieve high-quality services/ products.
• Able to identify best practices and standards for the use of the product.
• Delivers support and design for industry-specific applications that require integration with statewide systems or applications.
• Interacts with executive level business users or technical experts.
• Advanced experience in VMware including system installation, configuration, and resource management.
- Experience installing, configuring, and managing VMWare ESXi servers
- Experience utilizing VMWare ESXi 5.5 or above
- Experience managing an ESXi server environment with more than 100 servers
- Experience managing and maintaining a VMWare Horizon environment
- Experience supporting a Microsoft Active Directory 2012 R2 / 2016 environment including DNS, DHCP, Group Policy
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Windows Server 2012 R2/2016 servers
- 4-year college degree or equivalent technical study
- Experience with Solarwinds Orion
- Experience with Dell Servers
- Experience with HPE Servers
- Experience with Nimble Storage
- Microsoft Certifications
- VMware Certifications