Lansing, MICHIGAN | Contract
Post Date: 12/11/20
Job ID: 20-01158
Job Type: Contract
Job Title : Business Analyst
Location : Lansing MI
Duration : 6+ Months (More Likely to Extend)
Interview : Either Webcam Interview or In-Person
** candidates will telework now (after coming to the office to pick up the laptop). Once restrictions are lifted, candidates will be required to work onsite daily M-F 8-5 pm, NO exceptions *
Business Analysts fill essential roles in the development and support of mission-critical projects in our area's project portfolio. They also lead business process design, re-engineering, and requirements elicitation that deliver more effective solutions for our clients.
•Reviews analyzes, evaluates, and documents business systems and user needs. Formulates systems and/or solutions to parallel overall business strategies. Experienced with business process reengineering and identifying new applications of technology to address business problems and make business more effective and efficient. Familiar with industry-standard (including Legacy, Core, and Emerging technologies), business process mapping, and reengineering. Prepares solution options, risk identification, and financial analyses such as cost/benefit, ROI, buy/build, etc. Writes detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs.
•Prepare and document Functional and Technical Specifications for solutions including reporting and data warehouse work. Assist with business intelligence support and enhancements. Develops and/or provides a language for Request for Proposals (RFPs). Assist in the deployment and management of end-user reporting tools and platforms. Work with IT and business project teams to understand reporting and data requirements and propose solutions. Document and provide knowledge transfer to the rest of the Team for all solutions.
•Requires knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Business Analyst field. Familiar with relational database concepts and client-server concepts. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision; reports to a manager and typically works with a project manager. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions and use cases.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details.
- Effective written and oral communication
- Experienced with projects using the Agile philosophy and Scrum methodology
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Dev Ops or Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Preference is given to Military Service
- Preference is given to candidates with long-term engagements/positions in the past. Series of roles that have been greater than 2+ years, etc.