Sr ETL Developer
Concord, NEW HAMPSHIRE | Contract
Post Date: 11/12/20
Job ID: 20-01064
Job Type: Contract
Job Title : Sr ETL Developer
Location : Concord, NH
Duration : 15+ Months ( contract to hire)
Interview : Either Webcam Interview or In-Person
*** Ability to physically come on-site is not required, but would be a big
***May need to work off-hours on the weekend.
***37.5 hours per week.
The evolving nature and reach of the COVID-19 pandemic requires evaluating different types of data to inform decision-making and provide useful, transparent information to the public.
As the time goes by, there is a need to evaluate different types of data, integrate it with the case and testing data and provide this integrated information in reporting and dashboards. For example, as states have eased their travel restrictions, it's important to understand the infection rates of the people visiting NH. Also, as schools open up, tracking cases and possible community spread within these institutions will be critical to containment and overall education strategy.
There is a need for resources that can extract data from various systems that track cases, labs, contract tracing, publicly available sources, etc., and transform this data so it can be properly loaded and integrated with our current data warehouse. Timeliness is important since the issues surrounding COVID-19 is ever evolving.
Candidates must be comfortable working remotely, leading discussions in video meetings with various stakeholders, and should have somewhere between 3-6 years of experience in a role like this, ideally. Experience working with similar data sets in a public health environment would be ideal, but experience working in this role in a fast paced environment with sensitive data is most important.
• Understand and translate business needs into data models supporting long-term solutions.
• Create logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality.
• Maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models along with corresponding metadata.
• Develop ETL processes to support integrating various datasets for business intelligence reporting.
• Responsible for the development of queries, of varying complexity, and other specialized analytical projects, in connection with Data Warehouse data sets.
• Participates in multiple projects adhering to the current SDLC process.
• Produces estimates of time and resources required to perform various tasks as part of a team.
- Experience with ETL development to integrate disparate data sources with the specific goal of dashboard reporting (Dashboard exper. is a must-have)
- Informatica experience
- Experience following set standards for design, security, and supportability
- Experience working with Oracle DB and various data sources (ODS, csv, xlsx, dat, API, etc.)
- Experience creating documentation of ETL workflows and ETL workflow dependencies
- Experience understanding and translating business needs into data models supporting long-term solutions
- Experience creating logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high-quality data
- Experience maintaining conceptual, logical, and physical data models along with corresponding metadata
- Experience developing ETL processes to support integrating various datasets for business intelligence reporting
- Experience developing queries of varying complexity, and other specialized analytical projects, in connection with Data Warehouse data sets
- Experience producing estimates of time and resources required to perform various tasks as part of a team
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with highly sensitive data
- Experience working with similar data sets in a public health environment
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI or another visualization tool
- Any Sharepoint site/page creation experience
- Must have excellent communications skills and be comfortable leading discussions with various stakeholders in video meetings
- Must be comfortable working in a remote environment