Cloud Security Specialist
Hartford, CONNECTICUT |
Post Date: 10/28/20
Job ID: 20-01026
- Drive cloud security engineering conversations for our enterprise IT and business IT teams in IaaS/PaaS/SaaS implementations. Actively assess existing Cloud implementations, identifying security issues and prioritizing fixes.
- Participate as an active member of Design & Build IT projects, steering Cloud configurations and services towards industry-leading security practices within domain expertise.
- Engineer and implement new Cloud security tools to feed our DevOps/SecOps processes to ensure the solvency of Cloud computing resources. Thoroughly understand DevOps ideologies with the ability to drive and communicate change supporting DevOps/SecOps methodology within the organization.
- Provide daily, ongoing security oversight of SecOps operations, to include the security impact of proposed modifications, additions, and technology implementation/refresh operations. Understand system security vulnerabilities and associated threats, and assess the overall security risks to the system.
- Evaluate and respond to alerts and events from the security tools, including tuning of tool configuration to minimize false positives. Develop event response documentation and processes for Security Operations Center to follow and appropriate escalation protocol.
- Work with governance, compliance, and risk management teams to ensure the system consistently meets the requirements for certification and accreditation. Work with the Cloud Operations teams in the definition and implementation of security standards and best practices. Work with Senior Technical resources for mitigation recommendations to reduce identified security risks.
- Guide, support, and oversee the overarching security model for all cloud-based infrastructure being built
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience with AWS cloud services with a focus on application and data security
- Experience with Terraform, CI/CD, and DevOps
- Experience with full-stack development
- Technical writing experience