Sr. Software Engineer - COBOL
Lincoln, NEBRASKA |
Post Date: 10/23/20
Job ID: 20-01011
- Lead in developing complex applications based upon technical and functional specifications
- Assisting in the development of and adhering to technical and functional standards
- Under limited direction, research, define, & complete required additions and changes to financial software products
- Under limited direction, analyze technical specifications for both creation of new or enhancing existing applications for compatibility with other systems
- Participate in strategic planning sessions and technical discussions and demonstrate the ability to assist in translating ideas into technical designs
- Interact with external, as well as, internal clients for the purpose of data gathering, assisting with design, and ensuring development of solutions that meet or exceed client expectations
- Performs other duties as required
Skills and Experience Required:
- Minimum 6+ years of experience required
- Experience with COBOL, Progress, or Enterprise Server Development is preferred.
- Familiarity with Microsoft® Word & Excel
- Work experience should include extensive knowledge of Core Banking products
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, strong communication and leadership skills
- Knowledge of programming basics - program design, flowcharts, coding, testing, debugging, etc.
- Knowledge of how to document program design, coding, and maintenance
- Financial industry interest and experience
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, or an Associate's degree in Computer Programming, or equivalent education in a related discipline is preferred.