Performance Assurance Engineer
Alpharetta, GEORGIA |
Post Date: 10/15/20
Job ID: 20-00983
Alpharetta, GA or Lincoln, NE
- Create and review complex code and documentation across many disparate technologies, with a strong knowledge of cloud-enabled development and an aspiration to quickly understand complex proprietary infrastructure architecture.
- Proactively measure the performance and capacity of supported applications, and communicate the relative risk of detected issues.
- Work closely with project teams to ensure performance testing requirements are completed and the results meet client expectations.
- Manage diverse system platforms and product lines and able to adapt quickly to unfamiliar technologies.
- Prioritize and drive resolution on escalated incidents or problems that occur in production.
- Drive efficiencies through process improvements while developing repeatable automated testing methodologies.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience architecting, designing, building, implementing or testing enterprise solutions in a cloud environment
- Experience with integrating test requirements with automated pipeline technologies to support rapid (CI/CD) software development (GIT, Jenkins)
- Experience and strong understanding of software engineering with programming experience in one or more of the following languages: VB.Net, C#, C++, Java.
- Successful track record of analytical thinking and problem solving
- Must be able to understand the IT needs of businesses and test solutions that cater to such needs
- Work independently and prioritize time and projects appropriately
- Develop and leverage automated methods of application performance/scalability assurance and production environment performance analysis
- Proactively measure, evaluate and optimize application performance via load tests and production environment performance analysis results
- Produce written assessments ensuring product management that supported application performance/scalability meets customer and industry expectations
- Outline recommendations for performance-oriented software strategies and assist in the definition of software development standards and efficiencies
- Direct experience designing and engineering solutions that use various networking technologies (Socket-based programming, Web service development)
- Direct experience designing, engineering or testing solutions on Pivotal Cloud Foundry in Private and Hybrid Cloud environments
- Direct experience designing, engineering or testing solutions on public/private cloud environments (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud)
- Direct experience with database administration tasks(database backup/restore operations, building indices, scheduling tasks, automation, etc.)
- Experience in the complete software development lifecycle including associated deployment methodologies, QA processes, and performance tuning efforts
- Experience with application load generation utilities (H.P. LoadRunner, QALoad, Gatling, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field and 3+ years of relevant work experience OR a High School diploma and 7+ years of professional relevant work experience