Detroit, MICHIGAN |
Post Date: 10/06/20
Job ID: 20-00950
- Develop and maintain logical and physical data models using best practices and company standards to ensure high data quality, reduced data redundancy, and good query performance.
- Reverse and forward engineer data models in an AWS –heavy environment.
- Optimize and update logical and physical data models to support new and existing projects and ensure business users are working in a clean safe data environment.
- Assist in the creation of best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of data models.
- Document database processes that currently extract the data from the existing system for reporting purposes.
- Define and document the technical architecture of the data warehouse, including the physical components and their functionality, data models and data dictionaries.
- Coordinate activities with the rest of the data warehouse team including developers and testers; Assist in promoting database objects from lower to higher environments.
- Lead design reviews of data models and other relevant metadata to ensure consistency, quality, accuracy and integrity.
- Recommend opportunities for reuse of data models in new projects.
- Consult with ETL developers, report developers, end users concerning how to use the database as designed and how to navigate efficiently within the database.
- Guide System Analysts, Engineers, Programmers and others on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces, and system integration challenges and solutions.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience in Data Modeling roles, and leading the analysis and generation of technical requirements and design.
- Experience creating and maintaining data models in a data warehouse environment
- Cloud-Native experience in AWS (Glue, S3, Redshift)