Big Data Engineer
Franklin Lakes, NEW JERSEY |
Post Date: 10/06/20
Job ID: 20-00947
- Install, configure, administrate, and support messaging and integration solutions
- Ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the messaging and integration platforms and servers, as well as the standards that support them
- Apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues
- Work closely with developers, project managers, business analysts, systems engineers, and architects to support these mission critical platforms.
- Monitor all platform and server resources and performance
- Perform platform maintenance, including fixes and upgrades
- Document changes, standards, and issues
- Work with developers, architects, and business analysts to identify requirements and assist in the design of messaging and integration solutions
- Review client team's development for standards and technical correctness
- Find and implement improvement opportunities in our messaging and integration processes and standards
- Take ownership and use technical expertise to help IT and business partners design the right solutions
Skills and Experience Required:
- 3-5 years of professional experience in software development.
- In depth knowledge of Apache Hadoop and Spark
- Strong programming skills with proficiency in one of the programming languages Java, Scala or Python
- Good knowledge of relational databases like DB2/Oracle/Postgres and Data warehouses.
- Good knowledge of No SQL databases like MongoDB/HBase.
- Good knowledge of messaging products like Apache Kafka
- Working knowledge of building ingestion pipelines for various sources
- Experience in Agile SDLC and working knowledge of DevOps tools (Jenkins, Git, Jira).